The history of the Gazzani rice mill began centuries ago, during the Renaissance in Vigasio, in the province of Verona.
The Gazzani mill, whose origins date back to between the end of the 15th and the beginning of the 16th century, is the building that started an agricultural activity in this area, which then continued as a rice mill until today.
Every day in our work, we continue the heritage of the artisanal processing of rice, the goodness and well-being that come from the grains grown on this uncontaminated land.
Initially called 'Mulino Nuovo'. In 1544 ,the Municipality of Vigasio used it to obtain a loan of money with which to purchase the Mulino Vecchio from the Morando nobles.1544
According to documents in the Austrian Land Register, the rice processing machinery was added in 1648. At this time, the pila di Sopra (in Vaccaldo), the pila di Sotto (in the Pozzol district), the pila della Sorte and finally the pila della Zambonina were built in the Vigasio area.
The only one to have survived is this rice mill at Mulino Nuovo.
At the end of the 18th century, the Gazzani family came into possession of the Vigasio Mill. The structure began to be named after this family.Late 18th century
Currently, the Riseria belongs to the Soave family, which continues the centuries-old tradition of husking Vialone Nano and Carnaroli rice. It preserves and keeps active the ancient factory located on the waters of the Graicella canal.Today